About the Program | << For Education Loan Only! Please click here! >>
Oklahoma ABLE Tech and its statewide partners operate an assistive technology (AT) device demonstration center and short-term loan program to increase access to and utilization of AT for individuals with disabilities. The program is available to Oklahoma residents with disabilities, their family members, and the professionals that support them.
Demonstrations give individuals the ability to see, touch, and try AT to help them in the decision-making process by providing:
- Hands-on exploration of devices
- Information on the latest technology
- Low-tech solutions and adaptations
- Vendor sources
The short-term loan program provides individuals the opportunity to borrow AT to:
- Make an informed decision before purchase
- Ensure compatibility between the device and user
- Have back-up equipment while waiting for repair
- Have a device while waiting for new equipment
The equipment inventory offers a wide range of AT, including devices and equipment for: speech communication, computer access, hearing, vision, daily living, environmental adaptations, learning/development, recreation, mobility, seating and positioning. ABLE Tech staff also provides guidance on funding resources for AT equipment.
ABLE Tech's short-term device loan program is available to any Oklahoma resident. Loan duration is up to six weeks and is easy-to-use and free.
To borrow a device, search our online inventory and submit your request online or download the PDF version and send to ABLE Tech by mail, fax, or email. You may also call us and we will send the request form to you.
Oklahoma ABLE Tech
1514 W. Hall of Fame
Stillwater, OK 74078
Phone: 405.744.9748 or 888.885.5588 (V/TTY)
Educational Device Loans are those provided to students, ages 3 – 21 that are being used for educational purposes. This loan is similar to the typical device loan but has the option of an extension when the following apply:
- Borrower must determine that the equipment best meets the student’s needs within the first 3-5 weeks of the loan. If the device meets the student’s needs, borrower must agree to pursue funding sources (with the help from ABLE Tech staff) and submit an Implementation Plan Worksheet to ABLE Tech at email@example.com by the 5th week of the loan.
- ABLE Tech will contact the borrower in the 3rd week of the loan to verify that funding sources will be pursued.
- If the device does not meet the student’s needs or the Implementation Plan Worksheet is not submitted by the 5th week of the loan, the loan is due back within 4-6 weeks of the initial loan date. The Borrower is eligible to request another device for trial.
- When the Implementation Plan Worksheet is received by ABLE Tech, the Borrower’s loan will be extended while funding sources are being pursued. An extended loan is available through 12 weeks.
- ABLE Tech will contact the borrower in the ninth week of the loan to verify that funding is on track. Borrower is to contact ABLE Tech staff at 405.744.9748 with any questions about funding that may arise.